Registered User Fresh Surpasser
    Level completed: 96%, Points required for next Level: 13
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    1 year registered1000 Experience Points

Level
    Thanks
    Thanked 0 times

Question DropBox-style File Delivery Service?

Hello!

I work as an editor and frequently use online file delivery services like YouSendIt and Dropbox to privately deliver completed projects to clients. I noticed that I'm able to download really quite fast from my new Surpass shared site, and YouSendIt services come at a premium..

Does anyone know of a program, install, or some type of service that I could set up at a directory on my server and use for the same purpose? I'm sure I could use a passworded folder but does anyone know of an existing thing I can install? The big and simple 'click to download' UI on the download pages in particular is what my clients find useful.

Thanks for your time

Surpass Europe Excelling Contributor
    Level completed: 34%, Points required for next Level: 398
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Three FriendsYour first GroupVeteran5000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thanks
    Thanked 62 times
    There are a lot of the file drop services which are white labels so not discrete programs however, please remember if you are on a Surpass Shared server you need to ensure your intended use will be acceptable within the AUP (relevant extract follows.)

====
    User agrees to only use shared hosting services for its intended applications. Misuses include scientific/grid/distributed computing, data warehouse/backup storage, or bandwidth sinks. SurpassHosting.com, LLC will be the sole arbiter to what is considered a misuse of service. User agrees to ask SurpassHosting.com, LLC in the event they are unsure of their application's fitness for our shared hosting services.

Multimedia files are defined as any graphics, audio, and video files. Surpass Hosting Web Hosting accounts are not to be used for the purposes of distributing and storing unusual amount of multimedia files. Any Web site whose disk space usage for storing the multimedia files exceed 70% of its total usage, either in terms of total size or number of files, will be deemed to be using unusual amount of multimedia files.
    ====
    D17/D21/P59/P62/VPSX - "I'm not paranoid, I know they are out to get me!

Thread Information